About Vanndale, Arkansas
Vanndale, Arkansas (formerly Oak Grove) is an unincorporated community in Searcy Township, Cross County, Arkansas, United States. Vanndale was the county seat of Cross County from 1886 until 1903, when it was moved to the booming railroad town of Wynne. The community was named for John W. Vann, postmaster. Vanndale was formerly on Arkansas Highway 1, but has now been bypassed by a city route.