About Fisherville, Kentucky
Coordinates: 38°11?28?N 85°28?17?W? / ?38.1911°N 85.4715°W? / 38.1911; -85.4715 Fisherville is a neighborhood of Louisville, Kentucky centered along Taylorsville Road & Finchville Road. It was originally named Curreys after Edward Currey, who opened a post office in 1833. In 1847, it was renamed after Robert Fisher who had died two years earlier and operated a mill on Floyds Fork with his father, John. The area became more commercial in the late 19th and early 20th centuries due to the opening of railroad tracks and the discovery of a mineral water well. Visitors came for the therapeutic value of the mineral water, but when the well went dry in 1914 the area began its reversion to being a primarily residential area.