About Cloutierville, Louisiana
Cloutierville is an unincorporated community in Natchitoches Parish, Louisiana, United States. It lies about 20 miles (32 km) south of the city of Natchitoches on exit 119 at Interstate 49. The community is part of the Natchitoches Micropolitan Statistical Area.This is a homeland of many multiracial Louisiana Creole people.The town was built on the plantation of Alexis Cloutier and incorporated in 1822. The plantation was later owned by Kate Chopin. The town is home to the Chopin House, Bayou Folk Museum, and the St. John Catholic Church and cemetery.Leopold Caspari, a Natchitoches businessman and banker who served in both houses of the Louisiana State Legislature between 1884 and 1914, was a merchant in Cloutierville between 1849 and 1858.