About Enders, Nebraska
Enders is an unincorporated community in Chase County, Nebraska, United States. It lies along U.S. Route 6 and Nebraska Highway 61 southeast of the city of Imperial, the county seat of Chase County. Its elevation is 3,150 feet (960 m). Although Enders is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 69027. Enders was established on the present site in 1890. The original location of Enders was two miles to the east-southeast of the present site. The village was relocated to the railroad line which was to be built to Imperial. Enders Post Office was established Aug. 26, 1890, with William A. Reid as postmaster. After being closed in 1893 the post office was reestablished in 1907 with George W. Brown as postmaster. The village was named for Peter Enders, a local pioneer rancher. Enders is located on the north shore of Enders Reservoir. Enders Dam was built in 1947-1951 as part of the Missouri Basin Program of the Bureau of Reclamation. Enders Reservoir State Recreation Area is a popular location for fishing, hunting and other outdoor recreation activities. Enders was one of the first communities in western Nebraska to be served with electrical power. An irrigation and power dam was located south of the village on Frenchman Creek. The dam and generator were operated by Ralph Grosbach. The location of the power dam was flooded when Enders Dam was finished in 1951.