About Buckingham, Pennsylvania
Coordinates: 40°22?33?N 75°04?59?W? / ?40.37583°N 75.08306°W? / 40.37583; -75.08306Buckingham Township is a township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 20,075 at the 2010 census. Buckingham takes its name from Buckingham in Buckinghamshire known as Bucks County in England. Buckingham Township was once known as Greenville and was once the historic county seat of the English Bucks County.In Buckingham and the Buckingham area, there are many important yet little known historical landmarks. One is Bogarts Tavern (now the General Greene Inn), on the corner of Route 413 (Durham Road) and Route 263 (Old York Road). It was from this building that General Nathanael Greene, commander of George Washington's left wing during the Battle of Trenton, made his headquarters during the winter of 1776.